Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 12 Pro upgraded to iOS15 - 5G is gone

Daventry
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

have upgraded  my iPhone to iOS 15.0.2 and just noticed I don’t have 5G anymore, just 4G. 

This is with a EE esim.

have already tried to restart my phone.

is this happening to anyone else?

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Daventry

Have you tried resetting your network settings?

Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings > follow the prompts.

Chris

Hi,

That didn't work but noticed iOS 15.1 was available,  upgraded and seems to work now.

Thanks

Christopher_G

That's great, thanks for letting us know, @Daventry. 🙂

Chris

new iPhone 13 pro seeing same thing on iOS 15 and 15.1 hardly any 5G and I’m central London 

I work in IT have an iPhone 12 on iOS 14 and 5g works perfectly even on same sim

looks like iOS 15 has major 5G issues 

I've noticed this as well.  I had very strong 5G signal at home all through the second half of last year, but now it's gone, and it only picks up 4G. I'm on the iPhone 12 Pro.  My iOS is up-to-date (15.2.1).

I reset the network settings and the 5G came back for about 5 minutes, and then disappeared again back to 4G.  I tried resetting the network settings a second time and nothing. It remains on 4G.  I'm in London suburbs, and am paying for 5G. Please help!

@AC120  Is that set with 5G on or 5G auto ?   Have you checked the network status within your area ? Use THIS and use the check status tab at the bottom.     

All contracts included 5G so your not really paying just to have it. 

I've tried both settings - 5G and 5G auto.  I've noticed when I (i) toggle it to 4G, and then to 5G, it does connect to 5G for a few seconds to a few minutes, but always ends up returning permanently to 4G.  Also (ii) when I have all the settings on 5G or 5G auto, if I turn on Airplane mode, and then turn airplane mode back off, it connects to 5G - but again just for a few seconds to a few minutes. 

5G is definitely up and running in this area, and network status is good. 
I've had this 5G --> 4G issue now for more than a few weeks. 

Yes, I get your point about "all contracts now come with 5G", but I was on an older contract and only had access to 4G. So I signed a new contract with EE just so I could get access to 5G. But now after a number of months of good 5G coverage, I am stuck on 4G anyway. It's very frustrating

James_B

Hi @AC120,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Mobile Tech Team will be happy to look into this issue if you get in touch.

Thanks

James