cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange EE Rules.. Apple Watch

dannclose91
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an Apple Watch ultra 1 on an ee contract last year, and have bought the new Ultra 2 direct from Apple.

I've been told I cannot use my existing EE plan I pay £35 a month for with my new watch..

every other time, its been a case of unpairing and replacing the watch, but when I've done this, the watch gives me error 003.

When contacting EE via twitter, I've been told this isn't possible and I need to pay for a new plan, despite me insisting they need to transfer the sim to the new EID.

This cant be true??? 

What happens if I was claiming under my EE insurance, I couldn't use the new watch with my plan?? Surely this isn't correct? 

2 REPLIES 2
Customer1985
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I had that error code when I setup my watch from EE as was new device from the last one I had from them so same error issue and that guys did it in minuets. They can do it! If they could not how would it work if you had one with insurance (that they offer) and had to make a claim with them and they sent new device.. they could not simply go naaa you pay for a new contract. 

Radeon85OCUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

No issue whatsoever transferring an eSIM once you gave them the EID over the phone. Whoever said that on Twitter needs retraining as they are 100% wrong. Like above, what happens if Apple had to replace a broken watch.

I've been upgrading every year since the first Apple Watch way back in 2015 and every time I just call up EE and give them my new EID once I mention the error code, sometimes you get really clueless staff unfortunately who have no idea what they are doing who say please delete the watch app or try re-pairing even after you give them the error code, absolutely useless. But usually once you tell I want you to transfer the eSIM if you give them the EID it's usually done quickly.

A lot of EE staff have shocking training, it's embarrassing when your customers know how the process works better than people you are employing to do the job.