cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM activation

vxlr
Explorer

Hello! I’m writing here as I no longer have service on my phone.

I have previously started the process of converting my physical sim to an eSIM on Friday. Because I have moved abroad, I was told I need someone to receive the QR code for me. But after asking the second person I was redirected towards to confirm my plan changes, they told me I could just download it with no need for the QR code. & that it would be activated no later than 9pm on Saturday.

I had also received a text from EE around Saturday at 4 am, stating that my request was processed & it will be activated in 24 hours. But now my current SIM card is deactivated & has no service. I also haven’t received any further texts from EE.

When I open the EE app, it appears as if I don’t have a mobile plan. 

What must I do next ? I’m in the United States & can’t call EE anymore. 

*Sidenote: it usually takes about a day to receive the eSIM package in the mail. My neighbor has checked my mailbox & there’s nothing there. I will wait till tomorrow. 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@vxlr   So your not in the UK and you decided to move a number to an eSim.   You can only do this when connected to the EE network directly.   Nothing can get this working now and you need to request a replacement SIM card.   That sim will be sent to your UK billing address and someone will need to make sure it’s activated, once activated someone will have to post it to you.    You can not change it over to the eSim unless you in the UK.   

The reason I have done this is because I know I can. I specifically have been advised that I am able to do so. Especially if I still have access to my uk address. I did all of this even through having to call from the US. 

@vxlr   And the eEim can not activate on a roaming network.