cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns bag

Roisin99
Visitor

Last week I got an upgrade to an iPhone 11pro unfortunately it came and it wasn’t right for me at all and I need to change to the max. It all seemed quite easy on the phone. The lady said she would send a bag to return the phone and then once they got it back I could re upgrade to the phone I want. Has anyone else done this? And is it hassle free? The whole thing is stressing me out I am scared I will put the phone in the box wrong and will get charged. I obviously have to factory reset it, is there anything else I need to do? How long do the bags take as I feel I’ve been waiting a while and I’m scared it will take longer than the cooling off period to receive the returns bag even though I called to return on the day I got the phone. How long after I send off the bag will I be able to upgrade again as I currently don’t have a phone and I need one for work. I’m just so stressed that I will end up with this phone for the whole two year period when I can’t even use it, if anyone has had experience on the matter please let me know. Thanks in advance! Also I forgot to mention that after this call with ee to return the phone I have not heard from them since, was I supposed to receive a text?

4 REPLIES 4
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Roisin99.

Welcome to the community.

The returns bag will be sent in the post, so may take a little while to arrive. And don't worry, since you've already organised the return within the 14 days, you can definitely send it back.

All you need to do is factory reset it, and make sure you send everything back.

Once we have received the phone back, you will then be notified that you can upgrade again, you won't be able to upgrade again straight away.

Jon

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Roisin99   The returns bag will take a couple of days to get to you.  Once you’ve returned the device and EE have processed that return and your account has been returned back to the original tariff you had you’ll then be able to upgrade to the device you want this will take around one week.   You must also make sure you remove your Apple account from the device you don’t want before you send it back a factory reset will not do this.  

click settings>your name>scroll down and click the device you need to remove or click remove device at the bottom if you doing this on that device.  You can now factory reset the device. 

I've received an ee tracked fully paid for returns bag and the post office told me the bar code numbers not recognised.. the mobile number to contact  on the enclosed letter with said bag is pointless as unable to speak to anyone as I do t have an ee number !!!!!!!

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mrs_angry2,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you tried entering the number that came with the phone you're returning?

James