cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Email not working when on mobile network

joncactus
Explorer

I am a web developer and I run email servers and provide email accounts to my customers. One of them is having a very similar problem on their iPhone and iPad: When either device is connected to the EE mobile network they can not send email. They can still receive fine but not send. The problem is that their phone can not connect to the outgoing SMTP server. I am also an EE customer and can not replicate the problem on my iPhone.

I would also like contact from EE support to help with this, could somebody get in touch please.

18 REPLIES 18
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

If you could try this and see if this resolves the emails not sending that would be great @Redmike57

Leanne.

There is nothing showing😊

Mike 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Leanne_T

Sorry, what is not showing? @Redmike57 

Leanne. 

Your last reply was empty. 

Mike 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Leanne_T

Sorry, yes this was edited after @Redmike57 

If you could try this and see if this resolves the emails not sending that would be great @Redmike57

Leanne.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

I suspect that @Redmike57 is using an email client to reply to these forum posts, that's including their default email signature on all replies and that contains an email address/phone number that is having to be retrospectively edited out to avoid them being subject to spam callers.

Hi Leanne,

Deleted account as recommended and now I can load it back on.

All I get is a log-in error saying "your email server certificate is
invalid. Would you like to log-in anyway?" when I press log-in it just
loops back to the message.

Mike Shead
Leanne_T

Please contact your company IT department, they will be able to get this looked into @Redmike57 

Leanne.

Dornford
Visitor

I am getting exaxtly the same issue on an Android phone. works fine on WiFi, but not via ee mobile. Receives fine all the time, but wont connect to the SMTP server on EE mobile network.

It's my email server and it all worked fine for years, but started failing about 6 months ago.

Anyone got to the bottom of this? I think it might be IPV6 related but I tried specifying the IPV4 ip address instead of the server name but with no joy.

Cheers, 

Adrian.