cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number doesn't change in iphone-'settings'-'my number'

Naran533
Explorer

Hi all, I just changed from another service to EE and kept my old number. As a new customer, I received an EE SIM card with a new number. My iPhone recognised the new number as 'my number' in 'Settings'-'Phone' then. Good job. Then my old number was successfully transferred 2 days later. But 'my number' kept being the new one. I tried to change the number myself by inputting the old number and clicked Save button, but this didn't work. I know this is me being obsessive-compulsive, but a wrong number saved in my phone may cause misleading. Has anyone solved the same problem and can help? Many thanks ❤️

25 REPLIES 25

hi i cant turn it off its pale color not full green

i have also been on the phone with EE and Apple ee said its a phone problem and Apple have asked me to up date and see how it is them now

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Let us know if the update resolves the issue @DavidPatrick14 

Thanks 🙂

James

Hi, 

I'm having the same issue but when I have restarted the phone a few times, the number is still not updated. The number was ported 5 days ago. I didn't realize the issue was happening as it only seems to be an issue when people try to call me via FaceTime and their calls were just not coming through. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @strupat 

Can you turn both iMessage and Facetime off in your phone settings, then restart the phone before turning back on. Does the number update for you? 

Leanne 🙂

Hello iam zia ul islam and my ee sim this has showen no service please check it provide me signal. It will be appreciated please.

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]