cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number doesn't change in iphone-'settings'-'my number'

Naran533
Explorer

Hi all, I just changed from another service to EE and kept my old number. As a new customer, I received an EE SIM card with a new number. My iPhone recognised the new number as 'my number' in 'Settings'-'Phone' then. Good job. Then my old number was successfully transferred 2 days later. But 'my number' kept being the new one. I tried to change the number myself by inputting the old number and clicked Save button, but this didn't work. I know this is me being obsessive-compulsive, but a wrong number saved in my phone may cause misleading. Has anyone solved the same problem and can help? Many thanks ❤️

25 REPLIES 25

@Bevtherev  turn off iMessage and FaceTime then restart the device then check your number in settings>phone. If it’s now correct, you can turn on iMessage and FaceTime again. 

hi Chris, thanks for replying.  I did as you suggest but the number is still showing up 😞

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bevtherev

When did you port your number to EE?

Katie.

hiya, I got a text message today telling me that everything had gone thru & to restart my phone. (People have been able to use my old number to call me since this morning however).

I did the restart & again tried to do the above actions.  But it Still I still can’t “save” my old number 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Bevtherev.

I'd suggest speaking to our Mobile Care team so that they can check everything is done from our side.

Chris

@Bevtherev   You can not manually change the number yourself it’s taken from the SIM card.  So don’t even bother try to change it as it will not stick.   You’ll need to leave iMessage and FaceTime switched off until the number is correct in settings>phone.    You might need to restart the device a few times.  Just don’t enable iMessage or FaceTime until it’s shown correctly. 

THANK YOU!

Leanne_T

Glad you got the help you needed from the community @Mary_Mogs 

Leanne 🙂

hi i have the same problem and i cant turn imessage off on my phone

James_B

Hi @DavidPatrick14 ,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What happens when you try to turn off iMessage?

James