Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls on Apple watch

Sjss13
Contributor
Contributor

Hii

i have just received the new Apple Watch 8 celllular.  When I am out without my phone, I am receiving calls on my watch all asking for Ben?  They do seem genuine.  I know there is a number assigned to the watch but it should be dormant. Can anyone help?  Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Captgeneralmark
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@Sjss13 You’d think it would be dormant, wouldn’t you? Although it is only for administrative purposes, it is used when you make a call from your watch, but it gets disguised as your phone’s number. Since it does exist, it is quite possible to call the watch’s number. I know this to be true because I have successfully called my iWatch from an android phone. Watch rang, iPhone stayed silent.

The number assigned to your watch will be a recycled one, previously owned by this Ben person.

Since you are getting nuisance calls, ask EE to give you a new number.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Captgeneralmark
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@Sjss13 You’d think it would be dormant, wouldn’t you? Although it is only for administrative purposes, it is used when you make a call from your watch, but it gets disguised as your phone’s number. Since it does exist, it is quite possible to call the watch’s number. I know this to be true because I have successfully called my iWatch from an android phone. Watch rang, iPhone stayed silent.

The number assigned to your watch will be a recycled one, previously owned by this Ben person.

Since you are getting nuisance calls, ask EE to give you a new number.  

Thank you.  It is really annoying.  I will contact EE and see how I get on (that’s where I can find it a bit frustrating trying to explain things though).

However I appreciate your assistance and taking the time to respond.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sjss13

If you can give us a call the team will be happy to help you get this resolved.

Let us know how you get on after speaking to our mobile care team. 

Leanne.