cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls divert to someone else when my phone has no service

Chivasgirl
Explorer

Years ago I had my old iPhone on conditional forwarding to my partner. Roll on a few years and people have started telling me that they phoned me but my partner picked up the call - each time I would have been in areas with no service. I don't have any call forwarding set up at all and I wonder if it would be because it was set up many phones ago? I don't know how to stop it!! He doesn't really mind BUT when he's fishing (most of the time!) he won't answer anyway. Any ideas? TIA, Lorna

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chivasgirl   You never turned this off.  You now need to set it up from your present device to the same number and then make sure it’s still working correctly then just turn it off. 

Thank you, I'll give it a try as soon as he's back from fishing!

Forgive me if I've misunderstood something here, but:

You're reporting that calls made to your number are being forwarded to your partner's number, which as @Chris_B has correctly suggested, will be likely caused by your "Call forward when unreachable" having been set and never cancelled.

If so, then it's the setting on your phone that you need to change, not your partner's. The setting should be in your phone's call settings menu, look for "call forwarding when unreachable".

You need to either change it to forward to your voicemail facility (enter +447953222222 as the number") or cancel it outright if you don't want calls to reach your voicemail in this scenario.