cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update My Number on iPhone after number port over from BT

stumcc
Investigator
Investigator

I transferred to EE from BT and arranged to keep my number.

The transfer was successful and i received a message saying : Your existing number transfer to your EE plan is now complete, please turn off and on again for these changes to take effect. 

The number seems to have transferred, i can make and receive calls on the transferred number. 

In the iPhone menu Settings > Phone > My Number it is still showing the original EE mobile number. 

I have updated this number to the transferred number but it always returns back to the original EE number that come with the SIM.

I have updated the iPhone but it still returns back to the original EE number.

In messaging and Face Time the number being used is the original EE number.

Does anyone have any idea how update the My Number?  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Leanne_T

I swapped the SIM card back to BT and activated messaging with the correct number, then i swapped the SIM card back to the new EE SIM card and the ported number appears to have updated and been accepted.

Thank you for your support.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@stumcc  Turn off iMessage and FaceTime then turn off the device turn it back on and check to see if your phone number is correct in settings>phone (you can not manually change this and have it apply).  If this is now showing correctly you can re-enable iMessage and FaceTime.  

Thanks @Chris_B 

I transferred 5 numbers over and this method has worked for 4 of the numbers but the last number is still showing the original EE number.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @stumcc

Thanks for joining EE. 

Is the BT SIM card still working for the last number? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

Hi @Leanne_T 

When i put the BT SIM card in the phone it says no service but the My Number bit updates to the correct number which has been ported over to EE and it shows this number is available for messaging and face time.

When i put the EE SIM back in the My Number bit updates back to the original EE number provided with the SIM.

Regards

Hi @Leanne_T

I swapped the SIM card back to BT and activated messaging with the correct number, then i swapped the SIM card back to the new EE SIM card and the ported number appears to have updated and been accepted.

Thank you for your support.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Great news @stumcc

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Leanne.