cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal hotspot no longer works on iOS 17.2 from a Mac

neil_cm17
Contributor
Contributor

The personal hotspot feature seems to have stopped working for me with the latest version of iOS.  When I connect from my MacBook to my iPhone 13 pro using a USB-C to lightning cable I get no connection.  If I look at the network connects it says "status not connected - iPhone USB is disabled because another network is connected. Untick the box below to connect anyway. "  The box is unticked.  If I try connecting over WiFi I don't seem to get a valid IP address.  It used to work perfectly.Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 17.10.13.png 

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @neil_cm17 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

Have you tried the troubleshooting provided on the If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) – Apple Support (UK) page? 

Leanne. 

paulio1987
Visitor

I have the same issue. I can restore some connectivity when using wifi by going to `Settings` > `Details for connected network` > `TCP/IP` and setting `Configure IPv6` to `Automatically`. This setting seems to turn it self off intermittently and I still have connection issues in that I can see the internet but things like corporate VPN are completely broken which never used to be the case.

I've been through the support article and even hard restored my phone from backup. Both macOS and iOS are fully patched.

It feels like a dodgy carrier settings update as it appeared out of nowhere over xmas

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @paulio1987 

I would suggest getting in touch with our tech guides, they will run some troubleshooting with you and help you further 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks for this, it temporarily sorted the problem for me. Hopefully an update will fix it properly.

Dode_
Contributor
Contributor

@neil_cm17 Both iOS and Mac have recently had updates. It's worth making sure they're up to date before doing anything else. 17.2 did have problems and was pulled by Apple.