Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer SIM to new 4G Doro 6820, need to keep all texts on old 3G Doro 6620

EESandwich
Investigator
Investigator

Hello all,

Hope you can help.

My elderly mother has an old Doro 6620 Unlocked 3G phone, which now struggles to find a 2G signal/function now that 3G coverage has been turned off in our village. Due to this we have purchased a Doro 6820 Unlocked 4G phone.

For personal reasons, my mum wants to keep all texts/photos/voicemails to remain on the Doro 6620 phone - the text messages are stored on the phone, photo's on memory card. 

If I take the EE SIM out of her old 3G Doro 6620 and put the SIM into her new 4G Doro 6820 - will all her text messages remain on her old 3G Doro 6620, even though it will no longer have any sim in it. Will the texts then stay on the 3G Doro 6620 phone forever?

I cannot take any risks in losing any of the texts/photos/voicemails from the old 3G Doro 6620 so I need to be 100% sure before I try anything.

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@EESandwich  The texts will remain the old phone when you take the sim out.    

Hi @Chris_B 

Many thanks for the reassuring answer and confirmation the text will remain on my mums  old 3G Doro 6620 phone.

What about any voicemails on the 3G Doro 6620, will they be accessible via my mum's new  4G Doro 6820 phone once I transfer her EE sim to it?

Thanks.

@EESandwich  Voicemail will still be accessible via the new device.  These are not on the old device. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Voicemail is a network function, messages are not saved on either your phone or the SIM.

You merely use a phone (need not even be your own mobile) to access your voicemail service.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The only things that might get transferred with the SIM are some contacts. Most contacts are usually held on the phone itself but some might be held in the SIM.

Doesn't Doro provide some sort of app for transferring your personal data between its phones, so she doesn't need to keep on having 2 phones?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi @XRaySpeX 

Unfortunately I don't think Doro have any app/software I can use to extract data, as the phones run Mocor OS.

That said, it's definitely worth me raising it with Doro, just in case they have something.

Thanks.

EESandwich
Investigator
Investigator

Hi @XRaySpeX 

Many thanks - apologies for the delay in replying, yes, unfortunately not - I did raise a support call with Doro and this is what they came back with. 

From Doro Support...

1 - If you take the SIM card out of the 6620 you won't have access to MESSAGES, the SMS center is not accessible without a SIM card.
2- Photos will stay into the phone memory.
3 - I am sorry but this phone is too simple, there is not app to transfer files.