Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot no longer works.

scrilly96
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

I recently finished my EE contract and I switched to a sim only plan.

Since doing this, I am now unable to use my personal hotspot on my laptop when I'm working out and about. This is hugely frustrating for me.

I have asked EE if this is to do with the deal I now have and they confirmed it is not. I have attached a screenshot of what I seem to get when I connect to my hotspot. It usually connects fine and then when I go to a website I get a 'Connect to the internet' screen as shown.

I have already tried resetting my Phone, laptop and have also tried forgetting my hotspot, changing the password and updating my phone...none of these things have worked.

Thanks
Shannon

8 REPLIES 8
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @scrilly96 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Can you hotspot to any other device? 

Is your software up to date on the iPhone? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne, 

Yes I’ve tried updating my phone (it’s on the latest software already) and I’ve tried connecting to other devices and the same thing happens 

thanks 

Shannon 

Leanne_T

Thanks @scrilly96 

Are you able to try the SIM card in another phone to see if you can connect? 

This would help us to know if this is the SIM or phone that is unable to hotspot.

Leanne.

Hi Leanne 

Unfortunately I haven’t got another phone or a device that will take a SIM card to test this 

Are you able to offer support for each scenario anyway?

Thanks 

Shannon

Leanne_T

Hi @scrilly96 

I would suggest giving us another call on 150 and our tech guides will run through some troubleshooting with you to see what is needed to get this sorted 🙂

Leanne. 

Hi Leanne

thanks. 
Are any of these guides for troubleshooting available online?

thanks

shannon 

Leanne_T

Hi @scrilly96 

You can use the EE Online diagnostic tool, you can visit an EE Store for technical support or you would need to call us 🙂

Hope this helps. 

Leanne.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@scrilly96 wrote:I am now unable to use my personal hotspot on my laptop when I'm working out and about.

There's no screenshot attached to any post on this thread. SIM-only is still a pay-monthly plan and hotspot use is fully supported.