cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People initially can’t hear when answering my call

Calamitysue1
Investigator
Investigator

When I call someone, they initially can’t hear me and I can’t hear them.

So I’m saying, hello, hello, hello (you get my drift) and they eventually hear after a while. Often though, people hang up as they don’t think anyone is there.

It happens to every single number I call, landlines and mobiles.

I’ve tried resetting my phone, turned off wifi calling and I still have the same problem.

Hasn’t bothered me too much but I have a relative in hospital at the moment and after trying for ages to get through to the ward, the call has been hung up several times as they think nobody is there. It’s getting annoying/frustrating now 

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Calamitysue1,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Do you only have this problem in one location or everywhere?

James

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Calamitysue1 , have you checked your settings on your phone, have you tried using a headset to see if this still happens? How old is your phone, although that should not be the reason, but just worth asking all the same.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Hi James,

it’s everywhere, unfortunately 

I’ve tried a headset and it’s still the same. I’ve tried resetting my phone too. It’s an older iPhone and has always worked well (hence me keeping it!) but this problem has been happening for about six weeks now 😞

@Calamitysue1 , it sounds like it is something to do with your phone, if you have done all the checks that we have suggested.

You may need to contact Apple and see what they can suggest, if there is an Apple Store near you, might be worth going in there.

Just read your message, that may be the reason, either speak to Apple or a new phone, or refurbished one may be the answer, as this should not happen, otherwise.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Calamitysue1,

Are there any software updates available for your phone?

Do you have a spare phone you could test your SIM in? This will help us see if your phone is faulty.

James

Have you got a sound recorder app on your phone, and if so - does it record sound?

This will help ID whether there's a hardware fault with your phone's microphone.