Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch - Info and Recommendations

AngelMermaid44
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to ask someone from EE but the live chat option seems to be non-existent now?

I have an EE mobile account but I’m thinking of getting an Apple Watch. Very confused as to whether it needs a separate account of its own or if I can buy the watch itself and link it to my already existing account?

Also - any recommendations about which model to get? I’m thinking 6 or 7 as I want to be able to answer texts etc and have the ECG monitor but am really interested to see what other people think about them.

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@AngelMermaid44   the watch will have its own contract but will be on the same account as your iPhone,  it has to be as that’s how when someone calls you your watch will ring even if your iPhone isn’t with you.     Go to the s7 or you could wait a couple of months as the s8 will be released around September.    

If you never go anywhere without your iPhone you don’t really need a cellular Apple Watch you could just get the none cellular one and save on paying out for a contract.   I’ve never had a cellular apple watch  and I’m now on my 4th version of the watch.  

You can do just about everything on a none cellular watch as you can on a cellular watch.  

@AngelMermaid44 , if you want the non-cellular one, you would have to get it elsewhere, as EE only sell the cellular one, and as @Chris_B  has suggested, might be worth waiting for the latest version, which will be coming out in the Autumn or otherwise go for the 7 version.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.