cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sim

Becckk
Investigator
Investigator

I got a pay monthly sim added as an extra line for my step daughter. However the iPhone is still saying ‘no sim’. I’ve restarted the device, turned on/off, updated software, restarted network device, and no luck. I’ve also tried my SIM card in the phone and my sim is working fine in the device. Any advice or is there something I’m missing in regards to activating the SIM card? I’ve followed all the instructions I had in the little booklet I had but no other instructions given. Thanks in advance for any help 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Becckk   Have you put the sim in the iPhone the correct way round?  

Has this iPhone worked before with an EE sim in it ? 

Yeah, the sim is in the correct way and the device accepts EE SIM cards as it accepted mine. It’s just not accepting the new SIM.

thank you for replying 🙂

@Becckk   How long has the sim been in the device?  It can take a few hours to activate up to 24 hours but it’s usually only a few hours.   With the sim in the device try restarting it a few time as this can push things along.   But you need to give it at least 24 hours. 

@Chris_B  It’s been in since 5 this evening, so I’ll leave it until tomorrow evening and hopefully it works! 🤞

Thanks again 🙂