cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile data or incoming calls since ios16 update

alistairgd
Contributor
Contributor

Since I updated my iPhone XS two days ago my data connection has been very poor and now people trying to phone me are getting an error message that my phone is unavailable. 

I have restarted the phone and it is no better. The connection logo at the top of the phone says 4g with one or two bars, but there is no data coming through. 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@alistairgd  Have you tried a network reset on the device?  

alistairgd
Contributor
Contributor

Went into EE shop, turns out there's been a 2 day network outage in my area - at least I know its not my device or sim that's the issue - just EE.

Hi @alistairgd 

Could you not connect to EE WiFi calling? 

You can check EE network status here:

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Four days now, no EE service in Glenrothes - this is ridiculous now.

Worse, the status page has changed from "we know there is an issue" to - "A recent issue has been resolved".

No it has not been resolved.

Unless I'm in a wifi area No phone signal , no data, no SMS, can't make calls, can't receive calls. Quite how this can go on for four days is ridiculous.

Also some feedback on the "report an issue" page -  the options for calls, texts and mobile internet should be checkboxes not radio buttons, otherwise users cannot select more than one option. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @alistairgd,

Have you restarted your phone since the fault was marked as resolved?

James