cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim swap

a_ukboy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So, I have an iPhone 12 Pro, it’s started to become faulty, I can only charge it via wireless charge, so I’ve decided to use my banks mobile phone insurance cover, they will replace my device Tuesday, my question is how does this work with an esim? 
I remember a few months ago I had to do a factory reset on my phone and set up as a new device, I had to go to my local EE store to get a new esim, is it going to be the same issue? 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @a_ukboy.

Have a look at our eSIM help page for more information on how to register your eSIM when you change phones.

There are a few different processes depending on which position you're in with your new phone.

Jon

a_ukboy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks for your reply,  

I’m guessing by reading that, as my old phone has is being exchanged, the courier will collect my old phone while delivering my new phone that the esim swap won’t work, and I’ll have to go to an EE shop 😩😩😩

If I’m not mistaken, to swap and esim from one phone to another you have to have the phones next to each other? 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Sorry @a_ukboy, if you don't have both phones you won't be able to complete a fast swap.

Jon