cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading my phone but not ny plan

mikeygogo
Visitor

I am currently going through major surgery to reconstruct my left arm, it's been a long time coming. When I upgraded my phone last year to an iPhone 14 Pro max (which I love) I didn’t factor in the operations on my arm and the impact they would have on everyday life. I had my first op on 11th December just gone and until that point, my left arm was painful but had enough functionality for me to hold my phone and type at the same time. I have never been able to use the phone one-handedly even using a right-handed keyboard, I just can’t stretch my thumb that far. Now I have had my infected shoulder joint, humerus bone and elbow removed while the infection is eradicated before having my whole upper arm reconstructed my left arm is strapped to my body and is not functioning whatsoever. Using my iPhone 14 pro max is no longer an enjoyable pastime which it has been since my first iPhone 2. It is just to big and heavy.

Whilst not altering my plan whatsoever, under these exceptional circumstances take back my iPhone 14 Pro Max and swap it for the smaller iPhone 14 pro.(a refurbished one of course) It would make such a difference to everything I use my phone for, especially online banking.?

Like I said I wouldnt expect to downgrade my plan just my handset.

Many thanks for reading all this but there is no quick way to explain.

Tia

Mikeygogo 

1 REPLY 1
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mikeygogo,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm really sorry to hear about the medical issues you are currently going through. I appreciate what a difficult time this must be.

We have a few options available to customers who want to switch to a different phone, such as anytime upgrades and trade in.

I'd recommend giving our Customer Care Team a call on 150 who can access your account and run through all options available to you.

Best of luck with your surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery.

James