Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add data plan to Apple Watch

Rapid99
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hiya

So I joined EE earlier in the week after leaving Three. One of the big things that drew me back was the Apple Watch compatibility. Sadly, it has not gone to plan.

I have been on the phone to tech support for a good couple of hours this week - multiple calls backs. No matter what the Watch app tells that me

"Your EE account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact EE at 150 for more information."

It seems to have tech support stumped. It's now with another team who I should hear back from in 72 hours.

As well as this I can't enable Wifi Calling on other devices - I hit the switch in settings and it tells me I need to contact EE to enable this feature.

All in all I'm quite disappointing with the number of technical issues I have had just trying to get my Watch working. It appear to maybe related to me porting my number across but who knows - EE don't seem to at the moment.

A real shame

21 REPLIES 21
Christopher_B
EE Employee

@Rapid99 I hope you're well and having a nice weekend, other than this issue of course. 

The team should be able to get this sorted when they call, please keep us updated.

Thanks

Chris

Rapid99
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeah. Hopefully I’ll get it sorted next week. I’ll update the thread just in case anyone has a similar issue in future. If they tell me what the problem is / was. 

Thanks! 

Rapid99
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just to add a little more info to this. 

it turns out that despite Wi-Fi calling being enabled on my phone it doesn’t work at all. 

Also I raised the issue with Wi-Fi calling on other devices (an iPhone feature) with someone on support and they said there was no such feature. 

Starting to regret moving to EE. Can’t add a watch data plan. Can’t make Wi-Fi calls. Can’t make Wi-Fi calls on other devices. 

I also get countless texts thanking me for my complaint. I haven’t made a complaint! 

Rapid99
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Oh and the reason I missed the call was because service is down in my area! What a joke. 

010BC267-E12A-4D95-B3B8-1A8E2F859CF6.jpeg

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rapid99

Thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry you missed the call. 

I have sent you a private message for more information. 

Katie 🙂

Rapid99
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Looks like I just missed a call from EE whilst I nipped to the loo.

They’ll be no progress for the next two days then. 

It just seems weird that you have to wait for call that could happen at any time of the day. They try exactly once in a 48 hour hour period. Miss the call and you are out of luck.

Rapid99
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi,

Could someone get in touch with me today to arrange cancelling the contract?

I’m not confident this issue is going to get fixed. I know I said I would wait till Saturday but I’m not optimistic. 

I got a call from EE yesterday but it was someone from sales offering to sell me more stuff.

Thanks

Sergio

Rapid99
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I missed a call from David about 20 minutes ago. If could try again that would be great. Thanks

I have exactly the same issue…..Your EE account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact EE at 150 for more information……. I have been told today it is a known issue and they are working on a fix. They said when it is resolved, I should receive a text advising calling over WiFi is now available and at that stage it should also let me enable mobile data on my Apple Watch via the watch app.

Lets see how it goes as they couldn’t give a timescale! Only just joined ee to use this functionality so not impressed!