cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Divert - Without original handset working??

jpguk
Explorer

I have a new iPhone 14 Pro Max which this morning has died & will not power on. I have tried resetting & spoken with EE & have made an appointment to go into an EE store for them to look at it.

However, as the new iPhone 14 doesn’t have a physical SIM card I can’t remove it to put it into my old backup iPhone X so that i can still make & receive calls. The iPhone X is kept upto date with IOS & mirrors all my settings as the iPhone 14.

Is there away of diverting all calls (but note i cant access the 14) to my iPhone X which also has an EE physical SIM card on the same contract.

Thanks

JPGUK

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@jpguk  Sorry that’s not possible. 

Have you tried to force restart the device?  You need to press the volume up button then volume down button then the power button 

Watch THIS on how to do just that.  
( the clip shows the device on but it’s the same process if the device is off) 

Hi Chris 

Thanks for your response. 

I’ve tried resetting but it hasn’t worked.

This is a big oversight on Apples side if the digital sim doesn’t have that capability. I would have thought / hoped that EE as our network provider would have been able to do this for me. Obviously subject to passing security.

Thanks

JPGUK

@jpguk  It’s one reason not to use an eSim if you really don’t need too.  There is no advantage over a physical SIM card and it can cause more issues than needs be when you have an issue with the device. 

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I assume you've attempted to charge the phone first (either through plugging in a suitable charger through the lightning port or are charging it wirelessly) and have not seen the large low battery icon pop up after a few seconds of plugging it in to charge?  If one form of charging doesn't work (e.g. wireless), have you tried physically charging it (and vice versa)?

Also: all iPhone 14s sold in the UK have physical SIM slots - its only the US models which don't.  So unless you've converted the old SIM to eSIM, you should be able to physically move the SIM across.  If you're using an eSIM now, unfortunately you wouldn't be able to use it with the iPhone X.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Setting diverts can only be done from the device the SIM is being used with.

The security mentioned, is that access to the SIM is required.

Many years ago, the Everyphone facility offered this functionality, but was sadly closed.