cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

Kentwoman1961
Explorer

I’m thinking about buying an Apple Watch from AO.com will it just connect to my I phone or do I need a separate contract from ee? Does that make sense? 

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Kentwoman1961

Are you currently an EE pay monthly customer?

You would need a pay monthly contract with a mobile plan or SIM Only plan to add the £7 Apple Watch 30-day data plan or order an Apple Watch direct from EE. This is subject to eligibility checks. 

Katie

@Kentwoman1961   Is that a cellular Apple Watch or just a WiFi only watch ?      With a cellular Apple Watch to have data on that watch it needs a data allowance and if you purchase this elsewhere, then this will be £7 a month and you will get 10 gig of data just for the watch your calls and text allowance from your iPhone can be used on the watch as the watch is linked at account level.   itll have its own number for data and billing purposes only, but all will be from your iPhone phone number. 

regardless of it being a cellular watch or a Wi-Fi only watch it will always link with your iPhone.  The cellular feature on the watch if that’s what you purchase will be more applicable when you decide to go out without without your phone your watch then can connect to the network. If your phone is always with you your Watch will always be connected to your phone for its functions.  so if you go everywhere with your iPhone and never leave it behind then you’ll probably be better off just getting a Wi-Fi only Watch. 

I got my first cellular watch this year after always having a Wi-Fi only watches and I’ve not even used one gig of data since I’ve had it. 

Thank you so much Chris, that makes so much more sense now thanks to your info. I’ll stick to just WiFi as I’ve always got my phone with me.