cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch has it's own mobile number on cellular

LisseyH
Explorer

Hi All, happy Monday!  I was bought an apple watch series 7 for my birthday last week, when I was setting it up I was given the option to use the cellular option so i can use watch without phone being nearby.  The £7 a month is showing on my bill but against a different mobile number.  surely it should be the same mobile number as mine? Or am I just being dopey!

10 REPLIES 10
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The watch has its own mobile no. for billing & accounting purposes.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you, that clears that up.  My watch isn't ringing though whenever I am away from my phone so it can't be working 

@LisseyH , You need to make sure that your  phone is on, for it to work. Does it ring when your phone is with you? Have you made sure that the cellular on your watch is on and not just the wifi?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

According to my watch the cellular is on and the status says connected.  Does my phone have to be on for the watch to work? Do I just need to be far enough away for it to not work through the blue tooth but on cellular?

@LisseyH , your phone has to be on for the watch to work on cellular, it will then work. Yes, you need to be out of reach for it to not work on bluetooth, then it will work on cellular, so long as your phone is on. You should be able to find all this out either via the watch app on your phone, click on general, about and then scroll down you will find the user guide you can click on. You can also download the guide if you click on the app that says books and can download the guide or go on to Apple’s website, hope this helps.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thank you so much.  I will walk to the shop later and leave phone at home and turned on and test it!  You're a star! Thank you 🙂 x

@LisseyH , you are welcome, glad I was able to help, have fun, any more problems we are always here, but the guide should also help.

Just jumping on this as I am likewise confused. Am I reading this correctly that when I purchase the esim plan I get a new number for the watch but once its paired with my phone the watch will operate on my primary number? And that the phone must be on for the watch to continue receiving calls on that number? Seems a bit strange as surely ee can tie the numbers together? My main reason for LTE enabled watch us to be able to leave my phone at home occasionally (on or off) and as cover for an aging phone battery.

Hello @Marktoye ,

Welcome to the community,

If you want to receive calls and text on the watch, you will need to leave the phone on, whether the phone is with you or not, the sim number for the watch is for account purposes, not for phone calls, not for making and receiving calls, yes it will operate with your mobile phone number.