cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch cellular available with monthly (subscription) sim only plan?

fluffducks
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone

I would like to ask if I will be able to pair an apple watch (cellular) with my phone if it is on a monthly subscription plan (not contract) as I cannot find any information on this. 
I would also like to ask if I can change my EE number to my current number as I want to keep it, just change carriers

I currently do not have my watch or EE number yet (arriving soon) so I cannot see what options they have on the website (need number to link to EE account).

Cheers!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @fluffducks 

Thanks for coming here. 

You would need a pay monthly contract with a mobile plan or SIM Only plan, to add an Apple Watch 30-day data plan or order an Apple Watch on your account. This is subject to eligibility checks. 

You can transfer another network SIM card to a new EE SIM card, please see our Transferring your mobile phone number to EE, Help page. 

Leanne.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
drzia
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It seems that you are a pay-as-you-go customer. EE does not offer a watch plan for pay-as-you-go customers.

If you want to get an apple watch cellular plan, move to pay a monthly contract and after paying bills for a couple of months you can add a cellular plan to your watch.

Thank you.

Leanne_T

Hi @fluffducks 

Thanks for coming here. 

You would need a pay monthly contract with a mobile plan or SIM Only plan, to add an Apple Watch 30-day data plan or order an Apple Watch on your account. This is subject to eligibility checks. 

You can transfer another network SIM card to a new EE SIM card, please see our Transferring your mobile phone number to EE, Help page. 

Leanne.

Would this be the case even for a monthly subscription? Sorry, EE is confusing to me as they seem to have contract, subscription and also PAYG..?? 
Also would you be able to tell me what kind of benefits a SIM only contract would provide please, if you have any idea on that? I can't justify spending close to 30 a month for a contract instead of 10 via monthly subscription just for the apple watch. 

Leanne_T

Hi @fluffducks 

This would need to be a pay monthly contract account which would be credit checked, and not a pay as you go where you add credit each month for a subscription pack. 

The EE Shop online for pay monthly shows the benefits of each plan. 

Leanne 🙂