cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV Add on

VA21
Visitor

I am being charged £5 a month to. APPLE.COM but do not use their TV Add On . How do I cancel?

Please help!

VA21

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@VA21  On your iPhone you need to open Settings click your name at the top then click subscriptions then click Apple TV and then cancel the subscription. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@VA21  On your iPhone you need to open Settings click your name at the top then click subscriptions then click Apple TV and then cancel the subscription. 

Suggestion unsuccessful - Says you have to do it via EE

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the EE Community, @JSS51 🙂

In the EE app, go to add-ons and select Apple TV+ from your active add-ons to remove it.

Hope this helps.

James

Thanks, I’ll give it a go!

Sent from my iPhone
djdj
Visitor

I already have an Apple TV subscription with Apple but am considering moving to the Apple TV music etc bundle with ee. Would I need to cancel  my Apple TV account I already have? I am halfway through a few series so would rather transfer than cancel accounts. 

I had a free trial subscription for Apple TV+. I tried to cancel on iPhone but, as others have said, it states in iPhone settings that you need to do via EE. I tried to remove from my subscription in EE app and on website but no function to allow you to remove. Eventually I managed to speak to someone from EE who did manage to cancel, or at least they have told me they have cancelled it (trial period doesn’t end until next week).

You will need to speak to EE for this I think. I am not sure why EE have made this so difficult and time consuming. The naturally suspicious might say so that you can’t cancel and you get charged?

someone from EE needs to look at this and add a remove option in plans and subscriptions, like they have for other add ons.

@danknight01   I cancelled my EE free offer via the my EE app.  Just like the vast majority of customers do and if this wasn’t the case this forum would be filled with messages like yours.  Issue do happen from time to time through but it’s not that often. 

@djdj  If you stop your subscription and setup an Apple one subscription you’ll set this up with the same Apple account so you’ll still have your halfway points of these series logged.  It’s still your Apple account. 

Hi Chris B, I am pleased that the app worked for you. It hasn’t for others, i know as I searched this forum prior to contacting EE and others had reported same issue. I don’t see why you can’t cancel it from your iPhone like other free subscriptions, no need to signpost back to EE.

I am not sure how you know how often this problem occurs, perhaps you could share as clearly you think I’m in the minority.

i was just adding my experience to the forum to let others having the same problems know how I resolved the issue. I think that’s what forums are meant for rather than posting comments like yours which offer no helpful advice?