rayted
Contributor
Contributor

HI all,

Twice in about a week now, I've woken up to a message saying:

"Phone Locked

This phone has been lost" 

on my Samsung S20 Ultra 5G.

Last week (first time), I went onto samsung find my phone and logged in and unlocked

this morning, I tried the same thing but my phone is not listed! I checked google find my device, but there's no option to unlock the phone. I can use whatsapp web (really weird!) and i can't power off my phone - it says: this phone has been locked by find my phone

I've tried the holding down volume button and powering off the phone at the same time, but it just takes me back to the this phone is locked screen

Anyone else had this or know what to do? Samsung suggest contacting EE

I am given the option to type a pin but none of what I set works, unsure if its a PUK code or EE pin that's required

thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rayted,

I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Care so our Tech Gurus can take a look at this with you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
James_B

Hi @rayted,

Are you the original owner of the phone?

Does anyone else have access to your Google or Samsung accounts?

James

Hi @James_B 

I am the owner - I bought the phone from EE (contract) in May/June 2020

Nobody has access to my accounts - aside from the usual 'apps' etc. For Google I have 2 step verification switched on

As I said, same issue happened over night twice in a week! Before bed, the phone was fine. In the morning, it's been locked as it says: 'this phone is lost'! - and last week, the phone was on 'samsung find my mobile' so thankfully I unlocked it. Yesterday morning, it was not listed on samsung find my mobile! Samsung are suggesting it has been reported as lost (as in that's why I`m seeing the message) but nobody is offering a solution on how to overcome it!

James_B

Hi @rayted,

I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Care so our Tech Gurus can take a look at this with you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

Hi James

Thanks - not seeing an option to chat though and I`ll keep trying... thank you

James_B

Hi @rayted,

The option to chat should show when an agent is available to help you.

Please let us know how you get on.

James