cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 series Android 12 and December 2020 security update

hurstingstone
Investigator
Investigator

As the title says..... when is it coming?..... Samsung released this at the end of December as a New Year update....so when are we getting it....yes.... I know EE sit on their hands for weeks on end on new updates.... 

8 REPLIES 8
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @hurstingstone 

Have you tried running software update from settings? 

EE don't oversee these updates anymore as far as I know. Samsung release them. The current version I have on my device is as per the picture.Screenshot_20220108-215046_Software update.jpg

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @hurstingstone ,

You may want to check the below

https://www.sammobile.com/news/list-countries-where-galaxy-s20-series-has-received-android-12-update...

and do a search for your exact model in the database.

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s20/firmware/#SM-G981B

I see one entry where someone has claimed to have uploaded an EE firmware but they may have mistaken the stock firmware for EE firmware?

SM-G981B United Kingdom (EE) 2021-11-02 G981BXXSCDUJ5

I don't recommend that you download any firmware from the internet and apply it unless you have a very good idea what you are doing. For my recent Cat S62 Pro Android update, I found my OPNsense firewall was blocking the connection to the update servers so you could try another network if you are on a stock firmware.

As a sanity check, did you buy your handset from EE and is it network locked to EE?

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

done it all and run software update...... nothing.... and I have the November 1 security patch not the December one....which is included in the UI 4 and Android 12 update

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hurstingstone,

You'll receive a notification on your phone when the manufacturer makes the update available for your device.

James

EE how long we wait for update. I got last ipdate since November. 

Vidofone and O2 already make happy there's customers to release the  andriod 12. 

Please think about  yours customers 

Check on Samsung community many people wait for updation and they all belongs to EE. 

James_B

Hi @Ranasultan,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Software updates are pushed to your phone by the manufacturer, rather than your network provider.

You'll receive a notification as soon as they make it available for your device.

James

Its not from Samsung its must push by EE. SAMSUNG already released and i talked to samsung customer service. Actual its EVR version from EE. 

James_B

Hi @Ranasultan,

When a manufacturer chooses to create separate software builds for individual networks, it is still developed and pushed to your phone by the manufacturer. These separate versions will not necessarily be pushed out at the same time.

In some circumstances, EE may work with the manufacturer to test updates before release. Find out more in How EE works to test smartphone software updates.

James