Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Security

Buratic
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, everybody,

I would be very grateful to know if I need to bother with the complexity of adding security to my IMO when it's used only for very rare phone calls (outgoing and incoming) and receiving OTP/ 2FA incoming messages, all via my internet provider's Wi-Fi link. The provider is protected by a security suite.

For added information, the security suite for my computer has the provision to protect the android and other devices. However, my understanding of the android - and indeed the security suite - continues to be very poor, so inadequate is the information both provide. I would therefore prefer to avoid any "attempt" to add security, if at all possible!

Many thanks in anticipation of any help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, Leanne,

Thank you very much for providing the link, which greatly helps understanding.

For information, I already have Norton 360 installed on my laptop with provision to extend it to other devices. However, I have not recovered much since I got off to a dreadful start with my first android last year (I'm on my second, which is only marginally more intelligible, given its typically inadequate "manual") and subsequently an equally bad experience with the intricacies of Norton 360, which I avoid whenever possible (other than to update security, first thing every morning). 

Frankly, the more I've seen of electronic technology, with its general reluctance to provide information, the less I want anything to do with it. I've had my fill of dancing to its often unfathomable tune. 

I've made a note of the link above and may act on the information, but probably not for a while.

Nevertheless, thank you once again and my Best Seasonal Wishes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Buratic 

Thanks for coming here. 

You can find help and advice in our Advice on how to keep your phone secure help page. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Hello, Leanne,

Thank you very much for providing the link, which greatly helps understanding.

For information, I already have Norton 360 installed on my laptop with provision to extend it to other devices. However, I have not recovered much since I got off to a dreadful start with my first android last year (I'm on my second, which is only marginally more intelligible, given its typically inadequate "manual") and subsequently an equally bad experience with the intricacies of Norton 360, which I avoid whenever possible (other than to update security, first thing every morning). 

Frankly, the more I've seen of electronic technology, with its general reluctance to provide information, the less I want anything to do with it. I've had my fill of dancing to its often unfathomable tune. 

I've made a note of the link above and may act on the information, but probably not for a while.

Nevertheless, thank you once again and my Best Seasonal Wishes.