cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Department is currently closed

songulsaka
Visitor

Hi all, 

I having a nightmare with EE. I purchased a mobile phone 2 years ago, My contract is now ended. I got a new simcard from my broadband provider and I cannot use it. Because the unlocking department at EE is closed and they have no idea when it will reopen. However I am still paying for my EE contract because I haven't transfer the number if I do transfer I wont be able to use my phone as it will not work. 

I need help, I called Huawei to explain the situation they are telling me that EE needs to send an email for them to unlock my device. But the department is closed. is there a way around this? I understand we are going trough tough time but there should be someone should be able to help. We have requested for it to be unlocked nearly 2 months ago they created a ticket nothing happened. I called back and they told me the department is closed. 

8 REPLIES 8
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @songulsaka,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I've sent you a private message. Please check your inbox and get back to me when you have a moment.

Thanks

James

Lottie_W
Explorer

Hi if you can send us a message on here we can try and help get your phone unlocked.

Hi there,

Which extension / department should I go to when I ring EE to get my mobile phone number transferred onto my new phone? 

thanks!

James_B

Hi @MB102,

Are you moving your number from another network or upgrading with EE?

James

Hi,

im upgrading with EE - had a bit of an issue due to change of ownership which altered my free upgrade date so the agent gave me a temporary number to upgrade my phone (if that makes sense). So when I receive my new phone, which is today, I will need to transfer my original number onto the new handset.

thanks 

James_B

Hi @MB102,

I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Care on 150 when your new phone arrives.

James

Hi,

which department is this. I have rang before on 150 and usually the options are for upgrades, billing, technical issues etc and I’ve never heard the option for customer care.

thanks 

James_B

Hi @MB102,

I'd recommend selecting the upgrade option if it was the upgrades team who asked you to get back in touch.

Thanks

James