cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

off brand tablet data does not work

madox0177
Investigator
Investigator

I needed a rugged tablet for work so brought the OUKITEL RT10 from amazon and got myself a EE sim for it. calls and txt works fine but the data just wont work.

i have been through all the settings, i referred to some of the threads on hear and found issues regarding sim cards starting with 36 not working in off brand devices, is this the reason or is there something I'm missing 

13 REPLIES 13
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @madox0177

Sorry I could not help you get this resolved and you wish to cancel the contract. 

We have no account access on the community, if you have contacted our channel returns team they will be in touch. 

You can find ways to cancel in our Returning a phone or device within 14 days, Help page. 

Leanne.

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Exactly what Settings did you use for the APN, list them all in detail as they are set in your Device.

Also should the Model Number be OUKITEL RT1 over your typed RT10, if so there is no Technical reason why the RT1 should not work with Data on the EE Network.

mikekolling
Visitor

i had same issue, follwed these instructions and set up an extra APN and it worked for me!

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Data/EE-APN-Settings-Where-to-find-them/m-p/1145404

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for helping @mikekolling 

This is very useful for other users on the community.

Leanne 🙂