cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM for Galaxy watch4

DaveAt168
Explorer

Hi, I bought a Galaxy Watch4, LTE, then found that my old Huawei phone would not talk to it, so after complaining to Huawei, I retired the phone, and bought a Galaxy A40.

Now both are up and running, but, I am with BT. 
BT use EE SIMs, but they do not support eSIM. 
So I am buggered again. 
It is a nice family package I have, fo myself, and my wife. 
Only £5 per month.

It seems that BT are pulling out of Mobile Services.  That is a shame.  Much is made of the BT - EE partnership, but it all seems to be coming apart.

BT actually told me I had to shut down my/our BT mobile packages, and move to EE.  But we are already using EE SIMs.
Not only are BT not planning to support eSIM in the foreseeable future, but they are planning to shut down all their mobile services.
I saw this kind of shortsightedness while I was working for British Aerospace.
It lead to the almost complete collapse of the industry.
Is BT going the same way?
Am I going to have to move both mobile, landline, and internet to EE?

Ok, that is the background.

It looks like the cheapest package I can get from EE is an eSIM package at £12 per month.
That is twice the cost of what Vodafone are asking,
but their coverage is crap, and their personal interface is worse.
What is this £7 per month deal,<<

Pixel watch esim process is extremely poor

>> which I cannot find?

Now will this package work with my Galaxy A40 phone, and my Galaxy Watch4 LTE.
I will certainly need a lot of help.  It all seems very complicated.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@DaveAt168  The watch as you already have it has its on contract that you setup via the wear app on the phone, It’s a 30 day rolling contract at £7 per month and that gets 10Gb of data just for the watch. Calls/texts are shared between the phone/watch,   but your phone has to be on a EE contact ( sim only is ok )  you are only using the EE network at present but your mobile provider is BT as they are a MVNO network ( they don’t have their own cell phone network)  you need to be an EE contact customer to use the watch as it has to be on the same account as the phone.  So you need to move over to EE on contract to use the watch.   

DaveAt168
Explorer

The watch uses LTE, which is, I believe VOIP. 
That means it services phone calls using data.

I find though that the cost of an EE eSIM is prohibitive, about £25 per month. 
That is, unless you know better.