cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am thinking of upgrading to a Samsung Flip device. Any suggestions?

Ronnette6021
Visitor

3 REPLIES 3
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ronnette6021,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You can view our full range of Samsung devices and plans in our online shop.

Hope this helps.

James

WS1995
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Wouldn't bother with either the Flip or the Fold. They look good initially, but once the "Fold" in the screen becomes a nasty mess it looks awful, and this tends to happen very quickly. From what I've seen of some customers Samsung are less than helpful when it comes to repairing/replacing this.... often attempting to charge hundreds of pounds for it, or doing it for free but the repair takes weeks whilst the phone sits in their repair centre...

I'm currently on a S21 Ultra 5G but going back to Apple and have ordered the 14 Pro Max. There's not been any issues with the S21 Ultra and the camera quality is incredible. Battery life is pretty decent too, I'll usually come home with about 45-55% battery. I'm not a heavy user but often use my phone for navigation (I work in the emergency services where time is of the essence).

grsdev
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Conversely, I've been using foldables since the Z-Flip 5G. The screen protector on that phone did start coming away from the screen after a few months, but I actually traded it in after 6 months and got the Z-Fold 3. I never had a problem with the folding screen of that phone, and I kept it for a year then traded it in for the Z-Fold 4. I've only had that phone for 2½ months but so far not a problem with it.

The camera and the battery life are never going to be as good on a Flip device as on a candybar. However, the SoC in the Flip 4 does a really good job of optimising the power usage and even though it's a small battery, it lasts a lot longer than you'd think.

It all depends what you're looking for in a phone.