cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst phone I've ever had

Stiffy66
Investigator
Investigator

I had a Pixel 3a XL which was a great phone so I had no worries about upgrading to the new Pixel 6a in September. It's without a doubt the worst phone I've ever had. It gets hot (when not on charge) Calls numbers in my contacts without me touching the phone,  People on the receiving calls from me intermittently can't hear anything but I can hear them and the whole user experience is very glitchy to say the least. Numerous hard resets later and it's no better. EE want to have the phone repaired but I'm anxious about having a 2 month old device repaired. They've told me despite being a customer for years I can't upgrade to a better hand set. Not happy at all.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stiffy66  The device has to be looked at and if it’s faulty it’ll be repaired or replaced.  And no you can not just have a different device your contact is for that device.  The amount of time you’ve been with EE is irrelevant. 

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Stiffy66 , there is nothing stopping you buying another device outright elsewhere and putting your SIM card in the phone, that is up to you, but @Chris_B  is correct, it is irrelevant how long you have been a customer, unless you pay off the rest of your minimum contract, then customer service will not upgrade you to a better handset.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Yes, I know you're right, it's just so disappointing when your new device isn't as good as your previous one. I suspect it could be down to glitches with the new Google Tensor chip.

That's true but then the money I'm paying for the 6a is wasted unless I pay off what's outstanding and then sell the phone to at least try and recoup some money. I think I'm going to download everything back onto my old Pixel and send this one back for diagnostics/repair.

@Stiffy66 , you did have 14 days to try the phone when you got it and could then have returned it and gone back to your old plan, and once that was done, upgraded again.

I always keep one phone and IPad as a spare, in case something goes wrong, you never know, so, unless I have not updated the spare, that is all I need to do and am good to go.

I would say, if you have the opportunity to return the phone for diagnostics/repair, that is the best thing to do.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.