Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock assistance please

PeterNFN
Investigator
Investigator

Good morning,

Getting very stressed and frustrated here.

Currently with BT mobile and purchased a used (but as new) phone locked to the EE network. I know that my BT mobile sim will work in it but really, really want this phone to be unlocked so that in the event I want to change to another network I can easily make the switch easily. The phone came with the original box and the IMEI code on the box, phone and in the phone software all match so all looks good there.

I filled in the online form on the 6th May and was notified on the 7th that the code will need to be requested from the manufacturer (Motorola).

On the 9th May I received an eight digit code with instructions on how  to unlock. I followed the instructions but the code wasn't accepted and the message still reading "Enter SIM ME lock [NP]"  (followed by a number and the word 'remains').

I went back to EE having spoken with 'Luke' from the customer service team.

On the 10th May I received another email giving exactly the same unlock code and went back saying already tried this number a few times and included a screenshot of the inside of the phone confirming the IMEI code. Received a response saying that the team would go back to the manufacturer.

On the 11th May I received yet another email giving exactly the same (I presume) incorrect IMEI code so I replied saying unwilling to try this code again as limited number of attempts and having tried the code 6 or 7 times with no joy can safely assume something incorrect (either the code supplied by EE/Motorola or the procedure to unlock the phone). I don't thing the procedure is incorrect as I have successfully unlocked a couple of Android phones before so quite 'au fait' with the procedure.

I cannot believe that I've mistyped the eight digit code 6 or 7 times (I used to work in finance and computer system teams and my accuracy was always extremely high).

This morning called my local EE store (Norwich) and chatting to man who took my call he seemed to think the unlock code is entered  in three parts. The unlock code is supplied by EE as 16 digits, to unlock phone you have to do as follows:- enter the last eight digits - then enter the first eight digits - then enter the whole 16 digits, so I'm more confused as EE has only ever supplied eight digit code to me whereas the man in the EE store saying 16 digits entered in three steps!

Extremely disappointed as the phone was a special present but really struggling to get the damn thing unlocked.

Hope that people can assist or point me in the right directing.

Thank you 

16 REPLIES 16
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

It is 16 digits in all cases!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Can anyone pls help to unlock a moto e6 plus. Have tried the online one, got a code but it does not unlock it. Message them again but gave me the same code which does not unlock the phone. Appreciate the help pls, thanks

I have the very exact problem, any ody from ee pls help...

Hi vhin_sky,

All I can suggest is keep contacting EE until they give you a 16 digit code
as I found the 8 digit code simply does not unlock the Moto e6 plus phone,

Good luck and fingers crossed 🤞

Do u have their number pls

Unfortunately I do not. Hopefully someone for the EE team will pick up your
problem and assist you directly.

Good luck 🍀🤞
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @vhin_sky

Welcome to the community. 

I've sent you a private message on the community, if you can take a look and get back to me 🙂

Thanks. 

Leanne.