cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Zflip3 screen

JordanBrett27
Investigator
Investigator

I have a zflip3 which I have had since September and over the past couple of months the screen protector that comes pre-applied on the phone to protect the screen has lifted away in the join where the phone folds causing dust to enter. I have sent my phone to EE to be repaired and have been told that 2 different teams have looked at the phone and see no issue which absolutely boggles me as it is the first thing you notice when you open the phone, there is clearly a physical fault with the phone, my question is why can't any of your repair teams take off and replace the protector? I have had the phone sent back to me where I have refused delivery and will continue to do this until the problem is resolved. Looking around on forums I have seen that the problem I have seems to be a recurring theme with this particular phone.

Really hope to get this resolved as soon as possible as I haven't had the phone for over a week now.

Thanks, Jordan

3 REPLIES 3
Gareth43
Problem solver
Problem solver

To be fair it sounds like there is nothing wrong with yre phone and all that needs happening is a screen protector replacement, why couldn’t you have just done that yrself?  Screen protectors are the phone owners issue to replace. 

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

The screen protector can be removed and this will not invalidate your warranty. This is maybe why it's returned to you because there is no fault as this is just the screen protector. Try contacting Samsung support directly.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/samsung-z-fold-3-z-flip-3-screen-protector-...

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
JordanBrett27
Investigator
Investigator
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
I get that it's only the screen protector that's lifted but reading online it states that you can't remove it as it protects the folding screen which of course isn't glass. I'd appreciate it if EE could just say that I can do it myself. 

Sent from my Huawei phone