cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 wifi calling not enabled

Expatal
Investigator
Investigator

So I bought my wife a Samsung Galaxy S21 abroad and am think of getting myself an S22. She has an EE sim, but we cannot seem to enable the wifi calling, there appears to be no option in settings. is there a way to do this, they were bought in Oman, probably UAE stock.

2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Expatal , since you bought it in Oman, that may be why it is not available. The one thing I could suggest, is to factory reset the phone and then re-install making sure the re-install is from the UK, if you get what I mean, although no idea whether this will work.

It could be that Oman does not allow wifi calling and so that has been excluded or blocked. I believe UAE is very strict, such as not allowing certain apps to work, so that could be the reason.

UK stock do have wifi calling.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Indeed so - if the phone was bought in the UAE then it will have Arab-sofware installed which is unlikely to support EE/UK-specific config.

Reinstalling UK-specific software is not something this forum can assist you with, but Google searches should assist.