Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting the network unlock key

cnishantha9
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I have a samsung galaxy s5 mini from EE. It's currently network locked. how can I get the unlock key?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
cnishantha9
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I have a Samsung galaxy s5 mini phone locked to EE network. I got the unlock code from the EE device unlock webpage by entering the device IMEI number. When I enter the unlock code showing a error message "network unlock unsuccessful". Do I need to connect to the EE network before enter the unlock code?

Thank You

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cnishantha9 

If you put another network's SIM card in the phone, it should ask for the unlock code. An EE SIM would work in an EE locked phone.

Chris

Thank you for replying, I got the 8 digit network unlock key from EE, but not the MCK (defreeze) key.

thank you

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cnishantha9 

Thanks for coming here. 

Could you try the steps on this post here - Solved: Re: Mck code how do i get it - The EE Community the solution should help you get the device unlocked 🙂

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Posted in the open:

@cnishantha9 wrote:

Hello,

I tried to unlock my samsung s5 device locked to EE. Using EE unlock device web page I only get the network unlock key. I can't find the MCK key. After reading some community posts I found usually generated key is 16 digit number, that contain both unlock key and MCK key. But I got only 8 digit key. I'm attaching a screen shot of the generated key. If you have any solution please let me know.

cnishantha9_1-1692702538561.png

Thank you

[Mod edit: Image rejected due to it containing private information.]

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hello, thank you for replying,

Problem is I'm getting only 8 digit number, not a 16 digit. 

Thank you

Yes, it's only an 8-digit no. "for the next bit". Have you followed thru' to "Unlock your Samsung device"?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

thank you for your reply,

Yes, I click the  " Unlock your Samsung device" link..  and it takes me back to the 'How do I unlock' page, asking me to put in my IMEI again!   I'm stuck in this step.

Thank you