Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received email from mobile number

Tony1469
Visitor

Hi I recieved a email from my partner but instead of her email address it had

"44 then mobile number @mms.ee.co.uk" 

She has an I phone and i have an android. She sometimes emails me and it shows her email address. And sometimes she texts me from her mobile number and it comes threw as a text message.  Just curious why it would have come threw differently after all these years? 

3 REPLIES 3
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Seems like She has sent you an Media Message through the EE Network rather than sending you an eMail.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

She has sent a text from her mobile no. to your email addy. By doing so she must have your email addy addy in her contacts as well as your mobile no.  It has been sent as an MMS from the EE network resulting in an email to you.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
grsdev
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Tony1469 As well as what others have said, you might want to point out to your partner that sending MMS messages to your e-mail address is costing her money. Not knowing the specifics of the network/contract she's using we can't give an accurate price but it's usually around the 50p-60p per message mark.