cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem unlocking an old EE phone

Hermes131
Investigator
Investigator

I just posted a long reply which completely disappeared before I finished and took me to feedback! I have been having exactly the same problems. Groundhog day. I must have tried 500 times to unlock following their online advice. I have written (royal mail) every day this week to head office. I have spoken to the EE technician who said their unlocking team is aware?? I can't see that's right. A phone company is about communication but no one is saying anything

I changed from a contract to a sim card like you.

34 REPLIES 34
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hermes131,

Providing the unlocking code is the end of the process on the unlocking portal, the next steps need to be carried out on your mobile phone.

What happens when you insert your new SIM and power on your phone?

James

I get this far, I get this message and then get taken back to the beginning when I 'hit the link'Tried so many timesSent from my Galaxy
Christopher_G

OK, thanks for trying, @Hermes131 

I think the best thing for you to do is speak to our Mobile Care team so they can go through this with you.

Chris

Trouble is I can't phone them as my phone is locked. I don't have another phone. They don't offer any other alternative to phoning except for sign language. So that's why I sent a letter by post every day last week but have had no acknowledgement. Thanks for your help anyway.Sent from my Galaxy
Christopher_G

Did you try the live chat service on that link, @Hermes131? Maybe they can help?

Chris