cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem unlocking an old EE phone

Hermes131
Investigator
Investigator

I just posted a long reply which completely disappeared before I finished and took me to feedback! I have been having exactly the same problems. Groundhog day. I must have tried 500 times to unlock following their online advice. I have written (royal mail) every day this week to head office. I have spoken to the EE technician who said their unlocking team is aware?? I can't see that's right. A phone company is about communication but no one is saying anything

I changed from a contract to a sim card like you.

34 REPLIES 34
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hermes131 

If the team are looking into this for you, the best way to get an update is to call us and they can check the request for you. 

Leanne. 

I

I cant make phonecalls as the phone is locked. I just tried that number and 150.

That's why I've had to resort to royal mail

Leanne_T

You can message us using the online chat option here Contact us about your mobile phone or call us from any other phone on 07953 966 150 @Hermes131 

Leanne. 

I managed to get through to the chatline - a robot- then a real person.This was yesterday.  He seemed v helpful. He said he would contact the unlocking team, and it would take 72xHours to sort it out.He also said it takes 10 days for Head Office to reply to a postal letter!! Even one marked urgent.How the world has changed. I think that's unacceptable when I've been paying them £50 a month. Maybe I am old fashioned? I've heard nothing back so far and my phone is still locked.I'm still hoping thoughThanks for all your help.Sent from my Galaxy
Leanne_T

Hi @Hermes131 

Thanks for the update. 

I hope this is all sorted soon for you. 

Leanne 🙂

Just an update. Nothing has happened today. Noone has contacted me. Just get the message below when I try.Thanks Sent from my Galaxy
James_B

Hi @Hermes131,

When you insert your SIM from the other network into your phone and turn it on, what happens?

If the phone is locked to EE, your phone will immediately ask you to enter an unlocking code. (The one that you were given successfully online)

James

Hello James

It was when the sim was inserted that the phone was blocked.  This was over a week ago now.  Despite 5 complaint letters sent first class by post marked urgent, despite numerous attempts to contact customer services, and 200 attempts to unlock using the online process my phone is still locked.

I did get through via the chat line to an agent on Friday, who gave me an email address for the unlocking team, and told me that in 72 hours maximum it would be sorted, it just hasn't happened.  I am beginning to think I will never be able to use my phone again.  I have emailed the unlocking team half a dozen times.  No one has replied.  I have filled in several feedback forms over the last week saying there is a fault on the online unlocking system, nothing is changed - do they read the feedback forms?  Today I am writing to the ombudsman and also the consumer advice columns in national newspapers.

Thank you anyway James for trying to help.

James_B

Hi @Hermes131

I think you may be misunderstanding how the unlocking process works.

The unlocking portal does not unlock the phone, it just provides you with a code which needs to be entered into the phone you would like to unlock. Your previous posts suggest that you have that code, is that correct?

James

Yes I have the code and the IMEI number but there is no box either on my phone or online to submit the unlocking code.
I am not the only person with this problem if you look at the community boards.
The online system which should take you through the process, just takes you half way through then returns you to the beginning. This happens over and over and over and over ad infinitum.!
I am completely lost what to do as EE seems to be completely ignoring me.