cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Repair Costs

Bigbob4
Investigator
Investigator

EE website says £70 for screen repair to Google Pixel 7a. This is about half the price I have seen elsewhere. I have been trying to get this price validated by EE but nobody seems able to. I went into my local EE store and they didn't even know EE did repairs so I called the London Westfield store who said they couldn't help and would have to send the phone off to get a price. Anyone have any idea who in Ear can validate the £70 fee?

4 REPLIES 4
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Bigbob4 

It says "Prices are a guide only. "

https://ee.co.uk/local-repairs

If your device cannot be repaired in store then yes it will need to be sent off for a repair/quote. Please read the T&C on the repair page. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I too was able to read and understand the website. It also says , .."our advisors will be happy to give you a quote." 

Any idea who these advisors are and how you contact them?

Hi @Bigbob4 

You missed the bit before the part you quote "If your device is not listed" your device is listed. 

You can use the search on the repair page to find the nearest store or click on the send us your device for someone to pick it up. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Ok, so the website says a load of stuff that the stores seem to be unaware of. For example I searched to find my nearest store and as I said above they were unaware of this new service. If the advisors are meant to be able to advise on devices not listed I would hope it's not too big a leap to assume they can verify prices for those devices listed. So who are the advisors and how do I talk to them? If it turns out that the £70 advertised price for Google pixel 7a screen repair is actually £200 then I would not bother posting my device to EE as it's the same as the local non-EE repair shop I can walk in to. Shattered screens need replacing so I cant see that the price for this type of repair could vary. For most other Google pixel phones the price for the same repair is much more aligned to market price, i. e. £150+.