cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with my phone! Samsung vs iPhone

SLaura123
Visitor

Hey,
I bought my Samsung Galaxy s21 a couple of months ago, and at the beginning, I was quite happy with my phone, but pretty much with every new week or month phone started to crash, battery was really good for like first 2 months ,now it drops low super quickly!
I used to be an iPhone user and weirdly decided to try Android for once, and now I am super unhappy! I want my iPhone back!!!!
My questions are:
1. Have you been in a similar position that...you made a mistake from switching iPhone to Android?
2. And those who use Samsung, are you generally happy?
3. And just out of curiosity, is there a chance to take my new Samsung back to the store and demand to exchange it for iPhone,as I am not very happy with my phone?

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you check the battery usage settings on your phone, can you identify any specific app that may be responsible for excess battery usage?

If you've had the device for longer than 14days, then your only options to change it will be to upgrade early (paying your current contract off) or purchasing your choice of phone SIM-free.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. No.
  2. Yes.
  3. Maybe! You might have a claim under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 that the product is faulty. As you're outside the 30-day right to reject, you have to give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace any faulty goods which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described. If you discover the fault within the first six months from delivery, it's presumed to have been there from the time you received it - unless the retailer can prove otherwise. During this time, it's up to the retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there at the time of delivery - it's not up to you to prove that it was. If you've owned the item for less than six months, the retailer must give you a full refund if an attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful.

The 14 days that @bristolian refers to has no binding on your statutory rights I outlined above.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

That advice is completely valid, all smartphones are mini-computers.

A lot depends here whether your motivations are to change phone, or to make your current (Android) phone work for you - by identifying what could be causing its poor performance.

It's entirely possible the device could be faulty, as much as there could be a software-based reason for it.