cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My son's tablet has stoped seeing my WiFi

tracer237
Investigator
Investigator

Both my son's tablets have stoped seeing my WiFi network but see other neighbors including EE. 

Other devices are ok, after changing some settings on router.

All happened after power cut.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

On these tablets try Forgetting your router's WiFi network & then make the connection again.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for quick reply.

I tried that on both, and have tried searching for my home network but nothing. Still finding others, including EE from neighbours

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tracer237

Which device are you using?

Can any other devices connect to the WiFi?

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne, 

They are android tablets.

Model N10-EEA. 

Were working fine, a little slow on Roblox but fine otherwise.

Everything else has connected to WiFi fine.

Where had network saved, it was saying not in range, so got it to forget the WiFi, but it doesn't see it now.

I'm totally baffled. I thought it's the tablets, but they are seeing other networks Inc EE from other people.

@tracer237  Try turning the router off for 30+ seconds and then restart it and try connecting the devices again.  

Thanks. Had tried that before but left it quite a while, cleared all saved networks. Turned tablets off, then restarted all with router first.

Happy to say both working now, and everything else still seems to be.

Thanks all for ideas and final solution 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Ah, that's great. Thanks for letting us know, @tracer237. 🙂

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Chris