Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been told my warranty is not valid

Bar7
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Been with EE twelve years. I have a Samsung on contract since April this year. Network coverage has stopped. Fully paid up etc. etc. Took it to EE repair shop. Two days later a EE third party repairer phoned me and told me the phone has a fault. But the warranty is invalid because I had taken it to a third party to repair before and they have fitted substandard parts. This is a lie. I am angry. Has anyone else had this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Bar7 

Have you had any third party repairs done.  Did they say what parts. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I personally have never had a repair done. EE's third party repairers have only opened the phone and told me it is defective. This is just happening now. I'll find out tomorrow their diagnosis. To accuse me of this I smell something rotten.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bar7 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that your phone couldn't be repaired. Please update us once you see the diagnosis.
Chris

Hi

Just phoned EE Watford. They tell me my warranty is useless because a warranty seal was broken when they opened the phone indicating a third party repair. This is a lie. I have had the phone since new and never had a repair. Talking to a brick wall. The point is, and I am telling the truth, if someone did a repair BEFORE I got the phone from EE, is this a refurbished phone repackaged as new and given to me? Or is it a ripoff scam?

Christopher_G

Thanks for explaining some more, @Bar7. Have you raised a complaint about this? That way our complaints team will investigate this and contact you directly.

Chris

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me but the complaints team are just EE stooges. If someone could tell me why I should take an under warranty phone to a third party repairers AND PAY, I will listen. My point is, if the warranty seal on my new phone was broken  who broke it because it wasn't through my actions? Who? It stinks of a scam somewhere along the line from manufacturer to the EE shop that gave me the device to SBE who opened the device. I will take it further.

Sarah7619
Visitor

Yes !!!  They lied about the problem and said it wasn't valid under warranty and want to charge me for a fault that is repeating fault on the z3 folds!! £571 and I have dead pixels they have ignored and lied and said my phone os damaged! It's not and it's a Samsung manufracting fault. Made a complaint today. I'm still paying for the phone. I am so angry it's daylight robbery and they're liars

Christopher_G

Hi @Sarah7619 

I'm sorry to hear that you have this problem with your phone. Our complaints team will look into this and contact you to discuss it. Please keep us posted on what happens.

Chris