Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra USB connecting to computer issues

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi.

I have just received my S22 Ultra and so far I am loving it, but I have an issue connecting it to my computer for file transfer.

I connect it the puter and it starts to charge, but that's it. There is no pop up asking what you want to do, No idea why or where to look for an answer..

Also, I want my home screens to carousel, but they don't. 

Can anyone help with these issues?

Thanks

Tracy

31 REPLIES 31
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dragon_,

Did you follow the settings @Northerner posted earlier in the conversation?

James

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi.

Yes I have, many times. I do the notification in the noti area, but when I click on it, it takes me to the battery area. No pop-up ever..

James_B

Have you tried a different USB port on your PC @Dragon_?

Did you try @EssexBoyEE's tip of restarting your PC with the phone connected?

James

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Yes, diff cables, diff ports, computer reboots, with and without phone attached. I even tried my other computer but get the same results.. It will charge only.

I've been on the live chat page all day today.. no 'start conversation' ever appearing. What's up with that? 😐

James_B

Hi @Dragon_,

I've just checked and the start conversation button is showing for me at ee.co.uk/contact-ee. If you're using a VPN you may need to turn it off to access live chat.

As a next step, I would recommend installing the required drivers manually from the Samsung website.

James

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi

VPN has been off all day, no ad or pop up blockers even tried 3 different browsers... 😂

I've installed the Samsung drivers and reset the phone back to factory twice.

Many reboots of phone and pc. 3 diff cables, 2 USB ports, 2 computers.

All iterations and combinations of these things works with my Huawei Mate 20 Pro.

So I'm really at a loss now.

I tried calling EE but there is no troubleshooting option, (that I heard anyway).

I don't wan't to send this phone back..

☹️I will try to fugure it out over this evening.. Arghhhh

Hi @Dragon_ 

It goes into battery because you are pressing on the wrong option, you are pressing settings. You need to press the android system and it takes you into the USB options. 

You said above that you've already synced with your PC when it worked. If that's the case your PC will ask how you want to manage your device and it's connected. All you need to do is connect the cable once your phone is unlocked. 

Tbh if you are changing the settings in the hidden developers options then it maybe a setting you activated. Equally it maybe something on your PC which is the most likely issue. 

Thanks

Screenshot_20220621-190750_One UI Home.jpg

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Evening..

This is my notification area..

The only thing to click on is 'cable charging'.. which opens the battery page..

Unless I'm really dense and can't see what you are referring to? 🙂

Screenshot_20220621-194431_One UI Home.jpg

@Dragon_ 

What developer setting have you changed? 

The option isn't showing becase you cable isn't recognised make sure your port is clear of dirt and it's firmly connected, or:

• Try another cable 
  • Try another pc or port.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I've tried all those.. cables, ports and computers

Developer settings i changed was the Default USB config to Transferring files. Changed nothing else..

Thanks

T