Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra USB connecting to computer issues

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi.

I have just received my S22 Ultra and so far I am loving it, but I have an issue connecting it to my computer for file transfer.

I connect it the puter and it starts to charge, but that's it. There is no pop up asking what you want to do, No idea why or where to look for an answer..

Also, I want my home screens to carousel, but they don't. 

Can anyone help with these issues?

Thanks

Tracy

31 REPLIES 31

H @Dragon_ 

I think I know what you mean. Two part answer. Currently you cannot have this option on your home screens (annoyingly) unless you use another launcher.

You can however have this option for your apps draw but you need to download Good Lock and then Home up from the galaxy store (not play store). You can then activate loop pages under home screen. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I give up!!

I must have clicked that 'cable charging' a hundred times since yesterday, And now it works.. It's connected to puter and file transfer in progress.. Thanks for everyones help!

Tracy

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi again

I've installed Nova launcher, whilst it does exactly what I want to, it doesn't seem to like any other themes...

Life is so hard these days! 😂

Thanks

Tracy

Hi @Dragon_ 

It's a bit strange how Samsung never implemented this feature without the Good Lock app. Seems like a sensible feature that is missing. 

Installing another launcher will always give you plus and minus benefits. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

The same thing happened with my Huawei a couple of months ago.. You could spin your screens all day long, then an update happened, and they stopped it..

Will definitely check Good Lock out.. Incidently, I was watching some YT vids last night and there was a guy who recommended the 'One Hand Operation +' You can have widgets in a separate screens that overlays your home screen...

Anywhoway..

Thanks for your help

Tracy

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hmmm.. Well that didn't last long..

I plugged the S22 back into the computer and it's back to charge only... Clicking on the  'Cable Charging' in the drop down down takes me to the Battery area...

Confused...

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I've resorted to doing a factory reset on my phone, and... Same problem, will only connect for charging only. (USB debugging is checked and Transfer files selected...

Thanks

Hi @Dragon_ 

Why are you activating USB debugging as that is not available unless you are activating the hidden developer options. 

If you have the settings above as per my image and when unlocked you connect the cable it will automatically connect and ask you if you want to use Dex. The only reason this doesn't happen is if your cable is faulty or you've changed a setting. 

Thanks

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi @Northerner 

I turned USB Debugging on originally because the phone wasn't connecting to my puter.

As I was searching the internet for a remedy that wwould fix this issue a few sites and videos suggested enabling it.

But it doesn't matter whether it's enabled or not, the phone just won't connect.

In the notification area there is the 'cable charging', when you click that, instead of the 'transfer files, transfer photos, it takes me to the battery page..

I'm at a loss...

Thanks

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I also tried it with my other computer, and it does the same thing. (clicking 'cable Charging' takes me to the battery page)