cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE no Data and Android V9 incompatibility issue

csgfitzjohn
Explorer

The information provided to me today by EE is that the mobile data does not work if your phone has an Android V9 or earlier. I just moved from Plusnet to EE and was informed by EE of the issue today. Why does EE not let potential customers know of this issue and let them move to EE and then have this problem? Very unsatisfactory service.

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

How was that information provided to you? I suspect the reason the advice isn't published as you query, is because the claim isn't true.

csgfitzjohn
Explorer

The information came directly from EE so I believe the information to be correct. I have to now move my account to another provider to try to resolve issue. Any other potential customers who have the operating system Android V9 should not move to EE as they will experience the same problem I.e mobile data will not work.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

You've not said, so I presume this claim was verbally issued by a CS agent.

I wonder if they'd be willing to confirm such a claim in writing. There's a lot of claims that are made by CS agents that are, shall we say, misinformed for various reasons.

My suspicion is that this is another. Try calling back and speaking to someone else - I rather suspect you may get a different outcome.