Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking online to see if device is unlocked, get this

gowingnator
Contributor
Contributor

3c80c678b21d0373bb9767eb35c81481

Can't tell if this means it's locked or there's an error?

Any help would be much appreciated! 😃

10 REPLIES 10
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Your image cannot be approved while it exhibits your IMEI to the world at large from this public site.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
gowingnator
Contributor
Contributor

My bad, didn't realise this would be an issue! 🙈

3c80c678b21d0373bb9767eb35c81481_LI.jpg

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gowingnator,

Please could you try a different web browser and let me know if you see the same issue?

James

Hi @James_B,

I've tried using Edge on desktop and Chrome on my phone and still same issue.

The picture I've attached was using Opera on desktop.

@gowingnator  Depending when you go the device will depend if it’s already unlocked.   At best guess if you did get it in the last 2-3 months the device is locked to EE and you need to make a request to unlock it. 

@Chris_B I believe I got it August 2020.

Tried to see if I could get other networks through settings, Vodafone, Three and others come up but unable to connect, guess I need the correct SIM?

Unfortunately, I don't have another network SIM anywhere.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gowingnator,

Is there no button showing to move to the next stage?

James

@James_B No button, just a button to say 'Check another device'

Hi @gowingnator ,

Would you be able to borrow a SIM from a friend or family member on a different network to test?

Some networks also supply free Pay As You Go SIMs, and SIMs should be available on Amazon for under one pound.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net