cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding possible phone upgrade

chaslea
Visitor

Hi, seems like I am due an upgrade on my account, would like a new phone (still running with S7) but the problem is: I am happy with the monthly plan I have got and therefore don't want to change that. Does anyone know if it is possible to take advantage of the upgrade offer without having to change my plan.

Cheers in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I wouldn't try to do the upgrade online, I'd call CS - also, this is EE, I expect them to want to push you onto a 'bigger' contract to get the better phone

Is the phone going to be cheaper than buying it outright? you could just treat your current SIM as a sim only contract from now on

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @chaslea ,

You should be offered the closest equivalent to your current Plan as one of the options. There should be no need to take a higher allowance than you already receive.

If you select the most suitable upgrade online, and use a call or chat to get the upgrade actioned, you may be able to ask for a small discount to be approved by the team leader. You would obviously want to double check that all the details of the upgrade are exactly as you want them to be (e.g. memory on phone and exact details of the Plan).

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net