Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use same number on Apple Watch

linsi
Explorer

Hi all,

this maybe a stupid question incoming!

I’m finally giving up FitBit and moving to Apple Watch. The plan I’ve selected says ‘uses the same number as your phone’ 

when I go to checkout it asks me to enter a pac code to transfer it across. Does this mean that the sim in my phone will then be disabled? As I want to keep using my phone as a primary.

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Are you currently with EE for your phone?

Not sure which plan you have selected, but it sounds like it includes the data/cellular add-on for the Apple Watch.

Basically the data plan I've mentioned allows you to connect the Apple Watch to the EE network if for example you were out of bluetooth range of your iPhone or for example if you wanted to go on a run or simply leave your iPhone at home, but still have the ability to be contacted if someone were to call you/or if you wanted to call them.

The Apple Watch on the data plan has its own number (for billing purposes if I'm not mistaken) but the Apple Watch doesn't use this number for anything other than billing, and it uses the same phone number as your iPhone.

So for example, in the example I've mentioned above, if someone called the telephone number for your iPhone, you Apple Watch would ring. 

Not sure why you are being asked for a PAC code, but hopefully someone with more knowledge in that area will reply to your post and answer that for you. 

Apologies for the long reply, and I hope it's helped clear things up for you a little 😀.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the EE Community, @linsi 🙂

If you're purchasing the watch on a personal paired plan, you won't need to provide a PAC code.

James